DiaLogue Five Stereo Power Amplifier
Want the ultimate? For an additional $400 over the EL-34 equipped DiaLogue Four, you will get an amplifier that has more power, better bass authority, and a little more air on top, but never edgy.
Further improvements are realized from new driver and phase splitter circuitry. The result is no need for any negative feedback. This means even more natural tonality and better overall musicality.
The DiaLogue Five delivers 42 watts per channel in ultralinear, 21 watts in triode.
In addition, the DiaLogue Five comes specially equipped with the following upgrades:
- Upgraded Solen capacitors made in France. The result is an even better midband and wonderful clarity.
- Fast Recovery Diodes. Resulting in increased definition and detail, especially when the music becomes complex.
- KT88 Output Tubes. We use the current production copy of the legendary Genalex KT88. The tube sounds wonderful, with tremendous body and punch, while still giving you the warmth and humanity you'd expect from an all-tube amplifier.
- The DiaLogue Five starts with the same basic topology as the award-winning DiaLogue Two integrated amplifier. But further improvements are realized from new driver and phase splitter circuitry. The result is no need for any negative feedback. This means even more natural tonality and better overall musicality.
Like all PrimaLuna amplifiers, it boasts:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up the amp gently every time you turn it on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage.
- Adaptive AutoBias. Exclusive to PrimaLuna, this circuit monitors and adjusts bias automatically. Improved performance and better sound, with distortion reduced by 40% to 50% over conventional designs. Like to experiment? Plug in virtually any power tube. Adaptive AutoBias will automatically adjust itself! In addition to EL-34s, you can use 6550, KT88, KT90, 6L6GC, KT66, 7581, EL37, and any of their equivalents.
- Premium parts. Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design parameters: Though PrimaLuna amplifiers are powerful, tubes run well below their maximum ratings.
Next we take the DiaLogue Five to new heights with:
- Triode/Ultralinear switching. Allows you to switch how the power tubes operate on the fly, via a slim aluminum remote, allowing you to stay in your nice comfy seat while switching between the two modes.
- Improved output transformers designed for wide-bandwidth and high efficiency. These heavy-duty transformers elicit incredible detail from top to bottom, lower the output impedance, and provide the amp with greater control over speakers with difficult loads.
- Zero negative feedback makes for a more lifelike clarity and natural tonality.
DiaLogue Five Specifications
|42 watts x 2|
|21 watts x 2|
|Inputs||1 Pair RCA|
|Outputs||4 & 8 Ohm speaker taps|
|Freq. Response (+/- 3dB)||10Hz-100kHz|
|THD||< 0.25% @ 1 watt
2% at full power
|S/N Ratio||84 dB|
|Power Consumption||232 watts|
|Standard Tube Compliment||2 - 12AX7
2 - 12AU7
4 - EL34
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||15.2" x 8.3 " x 16"|