ProLogue Six Monoblock Amplifier - Regular $2799 . . . SALE $1959
70 wpc and that famous EL-34 warmth that people love. The ProLogue Six starts with the same basic topology as the top-rated ProLogue One integrated amplifier. The monoblocks then reach a new level of performance using a unique dual-feedback topology: Cross-coupled current feedback for superior impulse behavior and gain stability. Next a slight amount of negative feedback is used to achieve exact gain setting, low distortion, and low output impedance. This effectively cancels the negative byproducts associated with both feedback circuits. The end result utilizes all the benefits of feed-back, without all the drawbacks.
Finally, the monoblocks integrate a newly-designed, wide-band, low-loss, output transformers, built to handle even the most difficult speaker loads. A two Ohm output tap is added for additional flexibility.
Like all ProLogue amplifiers, it boasts:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up the amp gently every time you turn it on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage. Other amps may need a trip to the shop if a tube fails. Not this one. Just plug in a new tube and fuse, and go.
- Adaptive AutoBias. Exclusive to PrimaLuna, this circuit monitors and adjusts bias automatically. Each power tube is monitored to stay in a peak operating range. Improved performance and better sound, with distortion reduced by 40 to 50 percent over conventional designs. No need for matched tubes. No bias adjustments. Ever. It also allows you to experiment with different power tubes. Plug in virtually any power tube. Adaptive AutoBias will automatically adjust itself! In addition to EL-34s, you can use 6550, KT88, KT90, 6L6GC, KT66, 7581, EL37, and any of their equivalents.
- Proprietary Custom low hum, wide bandwidth dual output transformers allow the monoblocks to drive most any spaker with ease. Read the white paper here.
- Premium parts . Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design parameters: Though PrimaLuna amplifiers are powerful, tubes run well below their maxim ratings. Click here to see why.
Reviews on Audioreview.com