DiaLogue Four Stereo Power Amplifier
The DiaLogue Four starts with the same basic topology as the top-rated DiaLogue One integrated amplifier.
Further improvements are realized from new driver and phase splitter circuitry. The result is no need for any negative feedback. This means even more natural tonality and better overall musicality.
The DiaLogue Four delivers 42 watts ultralinear, 21 watts triode, switchable on the fly.
Like all PrimaLuna amplifiers, it boasts:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up gently every time you turn the amp on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage.
- Adaptive AutoBias. Exclusive to PrimaLuna, this circuit monitors and adjusts bias automatically. Improved performance and better sound, with distortion reduced by 40% to 50% over conventional designs. Like to experiment? Plug in virtually any power tube. Adaptive AutoBias will automatically adjust itself! In addition to EL-34s, you can use 6550, KT88, KT90, 6L6GC, KT66, 7581, EL37, and any of their equivalents.
- Premium parts. Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Alps potentiometer, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design parameters: Though PrimaLuna amplifiers are powerful, tubes run well below their maximum ratings.
Next we take the DiaLogue Four to new heights with:
- Triode/Ultralinear switching. Allows you to switch how the power tubes operate on the fly, via a slim aluminum remote, allowing you to stay in your nice comfy seat while switching between the two modes.
- Improved output transformers designed for wide-bandwidth and high efficiency. These heavy-duty transformers elicit incredible detail from top to bottom, lower the output impedance, and provide the amp with greater control over speakers with difficult loads.
- Zero negative feedback makes for a more lifelike clarity and natural tonality.
DiaLogue Four Specifications
|42 watts x 2|
|21 watts x 2|
|Inputs||1 Pair RCA|
|Outputs||4 & 8 Ohm speaker taps|
|Freq. Response (+/- 3dB)||10Hz-100kHz|
|THD||< 0.25% @ 1 watt
2% at full power
|S/N Ratio||83 dB|
|Power Consumption||232 watts|
|Standard Tube Complement||2 - 12AX7
2 - 12AU7
4 - EL34
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||15.2" x 8.3 " x 16"|